Re: Adding CI to our tree (ccache) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Pryzby
Subject Re: Adding CI to our tree (ccache)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Sun, Feb 20, 2022 at 12:47:31PM -0800, Andres Freund wrote:
> On 2022-02-20 13:36:55 -0600, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> > Have you tried to use the yet-to-be-released ccache with MSVC ?
>
> Yes, it doesn't work, because it requires cl.exe to be used in a specific way
> (only a single input file, specific output file naming). Which would require a
> decent amount of changes to src/tools/msvc. I think it's more realistic with
> meson etc.

Did you get to the point that that causes a problem, or did you just realize
that it was a limitation that seems to preclude its use ?  If so, could you
send the branch/commit you had ?

The error I'm getting when I try to use ccache involves .rst files, which don't
exist (and which ccache doesn't know how to find or ignore).
https://cirrus-ci.com/task/5441491957972992

I gather this is the difference between "compiling with MSVC" and compiling
with a visual studio project.