Re: fairywren is generating bogus BASE_BACKUP commands - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: fairywren is generating bogus BASE_BACKUP commands
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2022-02-14 17:32:11 -0500, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> About the only thing missing in your recipe is this:

Re requiring out-of-tree builds: Thomas on IM noted that there's the
NoDefaultCurrentDirectoryInExePath environment variable. That should avoid the
problem leading to requiring out-of-tree builds. But I've not tested it.

> # force ucrt64 prove to use the ucrt64 perl rather than whatever is in
> the path
> sed -i 's,^#!perl,#!/ucrt64/bin/perl,' /ucrt64/bin/core_perl/prove
>

> Given that, you don't need to set PERL, and configure can find the perl
> to build against from the PATH.

That shouldn't even be needed from what I understand now. If correctly started
the msys shell shoul dhave the right perl in path?

Greetings,

Andres Freund