Re: 2021-09 Commitfest - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: 2021-09 Commitfest
Date
Re: 2021-09 Commitfest  (Jaime Casanova <jcasanov@systemguards.com.ec>)
List pgsql-hackers
On 2021-Oct-02, Tom Lane wrote:

> Yeah.  I have been thinking of looking through the oldest CF entries
> and proposing that we just reject any that look permanently stalled.
> It doesn't do much good to leave things in the list when there's
> no apparent interest in pushing them to conclusion.  But I've not
> done the legwork yet, and I'm a little worried about the push-back
> that will inevitably result.

I was just going to say the same thing yesterday, and reference [1]
when I did it once in 2019.  I think it was a useful cleanup exercise.
In hindsight, some of these patches were resubmitted later, and those
are either still ongoing or are already committed.
[1] https://postgr.es/m/20190930182818.GA25331@alvherre.pgsql

(I did have the luxury of a local copy of the commitfest database, which
is perhaps a service we could offer to CFMs to make their lives easier.)

--
Álvaro Herrera           39°49'30"S 73°17'W  —  https://www.EnterpriseDB.com/
"Digital and video cameras have this adjustment and film cameras don't for the