Re: SSH connection problem (and a typo) - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Kyotaro Horiguchi
Subject Re: SSH connection problem (and a typo)
Date
List pgsql-www
At Fri, 27 Aug 2021 09:13:29 +0200, Daniel Gustafsson <daniel@yesql.se> wrote in
> > On 27 Aug 2021, at 04:31, Kyotaro Horiguchi <horikyota.ntt@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Is there anything I can check or do to overcome this situation?
>
> I don’t think there is. Quoting Magnus from your thread on -hackers:
>
>     "ssh based access only works for repositories where you have explicit
>     permissions, it does not support anonymous access -- that has to be over
>     https (recommended) or git.
>
>     And specifically, the postgresql.git repo mirror only allows anonymous
>     access."
>
> So the way I read it is that there is nothing wrong with your setup, but the
> repository you are attempting to clone does not allow setting the access
> control needed for it to work.  postgresql.git only allows http or git, ssh
> isn’t allowed as it only allows anonymous access.

Ok. Thanks for clarification.  I thought that ssh reading access to
git.postgresql.org is allowed to all who have a community account.

So if I fail to access an repository that I suppose I have an access,
I understand that that means that I should ask the owner of the
repository.

Thank you!

regards.

--