Re: preserving db/ts/relfilenode OIDs across pg_upgrade (was Re: storing an explicit nonce) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: preserving db/ts/relfilenode OIDs across pg_upgrade (was Re: storing an explicit nonce)
Date
Re: preserving db/ts/relfilenode OIDs across pg_upgrade (was Re: storing an explicit nonce)  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Aug 23, 2021 at 04:57:31PM -0400, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 20, 2021 at 1:36 PM Shruthi Gowda <gowdashru@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks Robert for your comments.
> > I have split the patch into two portions. One that handles DB OID and
> > the other that
> > handles tablespace OID and relfilenode OID.
>
> It's pretty clear from the discussion, I think, that the database OID
> one is going to need rework to be considered.

I assume this patch is not going to be applied until there is an actual
use case for preserving these values.