Re: Commit emails to -committers - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Commit emails to -committers
Date
List pgsql-www
Greetings,

* Daniel Gustafsson (daniel@yesql.se) wrote:
> > On 20 Aug 2021, at 15:56, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> > Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> writes:
> >> For that reason I'd lean towards having something just be "PostgreSQL
> >> commits <noreply@postgresql.org>" and not put the name in there at all
> >> -- the name would of course go in the body.
> >
> > That'd be OK with me.
>
> +1, I think that’s the preferrable option.

I'm alright with that, but would want to have the committer somehow
mentioned in the email somewhere or maybe in the subject..?  Otherwise
it's entirely unclear who the committer is without going to the actual
git repo and that seems like a general reduction in usability.

Thoughts?

Thanks,

Stephen

Attachment