Re: [Patch] change the default value of shared_buffers in postgresql.conf.sample - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: [Patch] change the default value of shared_buffers in postgresql.conf.sample
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Aug 18, 2021 at 02:03:56PM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> > I think the only question is whether this is a PG 15-only patch or a
> > patckpatch to PG 10;  I am in favor of the later.
>
> I think you need a lot stronger argument that this is a bug
> before you consider back-patching user-visible behavioral
> changes.

I think the only logic to backpatching it is your statement that this is
cosmetic, and the new cosmetic appearance is more accurate.  However, if
you don't feel we need to backpatch, that is fine with me --- we have
gotten very few complaints about this.