Re: pg_upgrade does not upgrade pg_stat_statements properly - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Julien Rouhaud
Subject Re: pg_upgrade does not upgrade pg_stat_statements properly
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 30, 2021 at 07:33:55AM -0400, Dave Cramer wrote:

> Ah, ok, got it, thanks. Well I'm not sure how to deal with this.
> The only thing I can think of is that we add a post_upgrade function to the
> API.
>
> All extensions would have to implement this.

It seems like a really big hammer for a niche usage.  As far as I know I'm the
only one who wrote an extension that can create different objects depending on
the server version, so I'm entirely fine with dealing with that problem in my
extension rather than forcing everyone to implement an otherwise useless API.

Now if that API can be useful for other cases or if there are other extensions
with similar problems that would be different story.