Re: Allowing to create LEAKPROOF functions to non-superuser - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Andres Freund
Subject Re: Allowing to create LEAKPROOF functions to non-superuser
Date
Re: Allowing to create LEAKPROOF functions to non-superuser  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

On 2021-04-12 23:51:02 +0300, Andrey Borodin wrote:
> Do I risk having some extra superusers in my installation if I allow
> everyone to create LEAKPROOF functions?

I think that depends on what you define "superuser" to exactly
be. Defining it as "has a path to executing arbitrary native code", I
don't think, if implemented sensibly, allowing to set LEAKPROOF on new
functions would equate superuser permissions. But you soon after might
hit further limitations where lifting them would have such a risk,
e.g. defining new types with in/out functions.

Greetings,

Andres Freund