Re: [CLOBBER_CACHE]Server crashed with segfault 11 while executing clusterdb - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: [CLOBBER_CACHE]Server crashed with segfault 11 while executing clusterdb
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2021-Mar-25, Amul Sul wrote:

> Ok, in the attached patch, I have added the inline function to rel.h, and for
> that, I end up including smgr.h to rel.h. I tried to replace all rel->rd_smgr
> by RelationGetSmgr() function and removed the RelationOpenSmgr() call from
> the nearby to it which I don't think needed at all.

We forgot this patch earlier in the commitfest.  Do people think we
should still get it in on this cycle?  I'm +1 on that, since it's a
safety feature poised to prevent more bugs than it's likely to
introduce.

--
Álvaro Herrera       Valdivia, Chile