Re: XX000: iso-8859-1 type of jsonb container. - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Dmitry Dolgov
Subject Re: XX000: iso-8859-1 type of jsonb container.
Date
List pgsql-bugs
> On Wed, Apr 07, 2021 at 10:59:31AM +0000, Poot, Bas (B.J.) wrote:
>
> Finally! I have a testcase for you guys. This is my query to generate the data.
> select *
> into tmp_bug2
> from (
> select 'thing' as  logical_name
> , 'thing' as display_name
> , 'thing' as operation
> , '{"unit": "Our special Unit", "some.place": "placename", "place_of_birth": "Over the rainbow", "How_secret_is_it":
"Level1", "Does.it.shoot": "YES!"}'::jsonb as filtur

> from generate_series(1, 302443)
> ) t1;
>
> And this is the query that generates the error.
>
> select
> display_name
> ,'' as x
> ,filtur
> ,jsonb_each_text(filtur) as x
> ,to_jsonb(jsonb_each_text(filtur)) as frows
> ,array(SELECT jsonb_object_keys(filtur)) as objectkeys
> from tmp_bug2
> order by logical_name;
>
> Notice that when you generate not 302443 but 302442 rows, it works perfectly fine.

Thanks for posting the test case, I can reproduce it on the master
branch as well (also without the second call to jsonb_each_text in line
with to_jsonb). Interesting, it looks like for unclear to me reasons the
argument, evaluated in ExecMakeFunctionResultSet for jsonb_each_text,
contains value from the previous attribute, not jsonb. This makes
iteratorFromContainer complain because both array & object flags are set
in the header. I'll try to investigate, unless someone else will be
faster.