Re: PostgreSQL log query's result size - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Peter J. Holzer
Subject Re: PostgreSQL log query's result size
Date
List pgsql-general
On 2021-04-07 09:53:11 -0500, Hellmuth Vargas wrote:
> Could you tell me if it is possible that in addition to the
> configuration that the log presents the duration of the delayed
> queries, it can also present the size of the result data?

Not that I know of.

> especially those who want to return a lot of information. My request
> is that by configuring some parameter, the size of the records
> obtained could be obtained something similar to the parameter
> log_min_duration_statement

I second that request.

But in my case I think I am more frequently interested in finding
queries which returned 0 rows than those that returned many rows.

And for "size of the result data" I think the number of rows would
generally be more useful than the size in bytes.

        hp

Attachment