Re: SELECT is faster on SQL Server - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jehan-Guillaume de Rorthais
Subject Re: SELECT is faster on SQL Server
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 19 Mar 2021 14:28:27 +0200
Frank Millman <frank@chagford.com> wrote:

> [...]
> Execution of my main query has improved from 50ms to 33ms. Sql Server
> takes 25ms, but this is much better than it was.
>
> [...]
>
> Here is the new EXPLAIN ANALYSE -
>
>                            QUERY PLAN
>   Merge Left Join  (...) (actual time=1.566..1.581 rows=5 loops=1)

1.581ms to output the very last row of this plan. This is in contradiction with
the 33ms you are referencing above.

What do I miss here? Maybe your 33ms comes yet from another set of data? Could
you share an explain analyze actually showing this 33ms total execution time?