Re: support for MERGE - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: support for MERGE
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2021-Jan-18, Robert Haas wrote:

> On Thu, Dec 31, 2020 at 8:48 AM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
> > Here's a rebase of Simon/Pavan's MERGE patch to current sources.  I
> > cleaned up some minor things in it, but aside from rebasing, it's pretty
> > much their work (even the commit message is Simon's).
>
> It's my impression that the previous discussion concluded that their
> version needed pretty substantial design changes. Is there a plan to
> work on that? Or was some of that stuff done already?

I think some of the issues were handled as I adapted the patch to
current sources.  However, the extensive refactoring that had been
recommended in the old threads has not been done.  I have these two
comments mainly:

https://postgr.es/m/CABOikdOeraX0RKojBs0jZxY5SmbQF3GJBP0+Rat=2g+VQsA+9g@mail.gmail.com
https://postgr.es/m/7168.1547584387@sss.pgh.pa.us

I'll try to get to those, but I have some other patches that I need to
handle first.

--
Álvaro Herrera       Valdivia, Chile