Re: configure.in / xml / quoting trouble - Mailing list pgsql-patches

From Tom Lane
Subject Re: configure.in / xml / quoting trouble
Date
List pgsql-patches
Patrick Welche <prlw1@newn.cam.ac.uk> writes:
> The first part I needed when configuring --with-libxml. Why go to the
> effort of finding xml2-config, and then disbelieve what it tells you?

This proposed change puts CFLAGS into CPPFLAGS; maybe the libxml guys
have not understood the difference, but we do.  Likewise, I would not
expect that all of --libs output is really a good idea to put into
LDFLAGS.

Exactly what items are you hoping to transfer that aren't transferred
by the existing coding?

            regards, tom lane