Re: Functions should be Functions & Procedures - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Functions should be Functions & Procedures
Date
List pgsql-docs
On Tue, Nov 24, 2020 at 07:15:29PM +0000, PG Doc comments form wrote:

> Page: https://www.postgresql.org/docs/13/plpgsql-overview.html
>
> Hi,
>
> since PostgreSQL 11 we have procedures, so referencing to only functions
> here seems to ignore that. Shouldn't procedures be mentioned here as well?

Good point.  It seems PL/pgSQL, PL/Perl, PL/Python, PL/Tcl, and SPI
server-side languages all support procedures.  I have developed the
attached patch to mention procedures right at the top.  I didn't see a
need to mention function "or procedure" throughout the entire document.
Does this seem sufficient?

Attachment