Re: Removal of currtid()/currtid2() and some table AM cleanup - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Removal of currtid()/currtid2() and some table AM cleanup
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Nov 20, 2020 at 11:53:11AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Yeah, if pgODBC were not using it at all then I think it'd be fine
> to get rid of, but if it still contains calls then we cannot.
> The suggestion upthread that those calls might be unreachable
> is interesting, but it seems unproven.

Yeah, I am not 100% sure that there are no code paths calling
currtid2(), and the ODBC is too obscure to me to get to a clear
conclusion.  currtid() though, is a different deal thanks to
RETURNING.  What about cutting the cake in two and just remove
currtid() then?
--
Michael

Attachment