Re: yum.postgresql.org user experience - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Christoph Berg
Subject Re: yum.postgresql.org user experience
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
Re: Laurenz Albe
> > So: while I think I did everything correctly, the single most
> > important command in that chain is "dnf -qy module disable postgresql",
>
> Interesting - I didn't know that command and never needed it to install PostgreSQL
> on CentOS.

If you don't do that, the symptom is that the postgresqlNN and
postgresqlNN-server packages are hidden somehow and can't be
installed. Which was pretty confusing to me, I would have expected
some message about bad dependencies or the like instead.

Christoph