Re: yum.postgresql.org user experience - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Laurenz Albe
Subject Re: yum.postgresql.org user experience
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
On Wed, 2020-11-11 at 13:12 +0100, Christoph Berg wrote:
> I just wanted to activate the yum repo on some centos box, but failed.
>
> Here's what happened:
>
> [tale of pain]
>
> So: while I think I did everything correctly, the single most
> important command in that chain is "dnf -qy module disable postgresql",

Interesting - I didn't know that command and never needed it to install PostgreSQL
on CentOS.

I guess the difference is that I start at the "Download" page of www.postgresql.org,
where I find fool-proof instructions, and that is probably the way most people go.

> To fix that, I would suggest some improvements:

I agree with you that improving yum.postgresql.org would be nice.

Yours,
Laurenz Albe