Re: community social media - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: community social media
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
On Sat, Sep 26, 2020 at 06:05:14PM +0000, ourdiaspora wrote:
> [...]
Hubzilla,Mastodon, Diaspora.

>> If you know that these things exist you should provide links to them, and suggest where you think "prominent" is on
oursite.

>Some examples:
>

>https://fediverse.party/en/portal/servers
>https://diasporafoundation.org
>https://joinmastodon.org/
>
>Postgresql home web page should have hyperlinks to official postgresql servers for these services.

I'm not sure there are official (i.e. operated by PGDG) postgresql
servers for these services.

>So, next to the home page which shows:
>https://twitter.com/postgresql
>
>There should be:
>
>https://postgresql.org/mastodon
>https://postgresql.org/hubzilla
>etc.

Those links lead nowhere, so it's not clear to me what exactly is your
proposal? Are you suggesting PGDG should start running those services?
I very much doubt PGDG has the resources (esp. manpower) to run and
maintain every possible service of this kind ...

>Of course, each community social media service should describe the
>postgreqsl configuration.

Not sure what you mean by this? What postgresql configuration?

regards