Re: Oracle vs. PostgreSQL - a comment - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Oracle vs. PostgreSQL - a comment
Date
List pgsql-general
Greetings,

* Adam Brusselback (adambrusselback@gmail.com) wrote:
> >  How good will that be in performance.
>
> In my experience, not great. It's definitely better than not having it at
> all, but it does not make for quick queries and caused serious
> connection overhead when a query referenced that foreign table. I've since
> moved to logical replication to improve the situation there.

How much of the issue there has been setup/connection time..?  That's
something I've wondered about maybe finding a way to improve on.  Also
depends on if you're using the "run explain first before running the
query" approach with the FDW or if you're actually running analyze on
the foreign tables.

Thanks,

Stephen

Attachment