Re: centos7, llvm and postgresql12-devel dependencies - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Justin Pryzby
Subject Re: centos7, llvm and postgresql12-devel dependencies
Date
Re: centos7, llvm and postgresql12-devel dependencies  (Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org>)
Re: centos7, llvm and postgresql12-devel dependencies  (Devrim Gündüz <devrim@gunduz.org>)
List pgsql-pkg-yum
On Thu, May 21, 2020 at 03:40:11PM +0100, Devrim Gündüz wrote:
> On Thu, 2020-05-21 at 08:56 -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> > I still think the build process should check installability.
> >
> > Could it run rpm --test -U ?
>
> What if I run a mock build first?

I'm not familiar with RPM building so not sure if I understand the issue or
your question.

Do you mean test that it builds correctly with mock (I just spend 2 minutes
reading about it) and then rebuild some other way (rpmbuild?)

A bunch of times there's been dependencies that can't be satisfied.
Do we know why ?  I think there should be a separate, clean build environments
for each of centos6/7/8 and it seems like that's not the case.

--
Justin