Re: centos7, llvm and postgresql12-devel dependencies - Mailing list pgsql-pkg-yum

From Devrim Gündüz
Subject Re: centos7, llvm and postgresql12-devel dependencies
Date
List pgsql-pkg-yum
Hi,

On Thu, 2020-05-21 at 10:19 -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:

> A bunch of times there's been dependencies that can't be satisfied.

Right.

> Do we know why ?

As long as the README files show me the necessary dependencies, I am
fine. From time to time, I install packages on clean environments, to
find any missing dependencies. During the build process, rpmbuild also
gives us the dependency list as well. So, usually there is no need for
testing on a clean environment, but still I check.

>   I think there should be a separate, clean build environments
> for each of centos6/7/8 and it seems like that's not the case.

Setting up a clean build environment for each build is possible, but
will consume a lot of time and resources. I'm not inclined to set that
up.

Regards,
--
Devrim Gündüz
Open Source Solution Architect, Red Hat Certified Engineer

Attachment