Re: Hash partitioning, what function is used to compute the hash? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: Hash partitioning, what function is used to compute the hash?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 2020-May-11, Michael Lewis wrote:

> Afaik, hash partition doesn't have real world expected use cases just yet.

I don't think I agree with this assertion.

While I understand that there might be things still to do in this area
(as everywhere else), it should certainly have its uses already.  If you
have a wish-list for hash partitioning to become usable for you, would
you please list the features you wish it'd have?