Re: How to move a 11.4 cluster to another Linux host, but empty? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Matthias Apitz
Subject Re: How to move a 11.4 cluster to another Linux host, but empty?
Date
Re: How to move a 11.4 cluster to another Linux host, but empty?  (Adrian Klaver <adrian.klaver@aklaver.com>)
List pgsql-general
El día sábado, mayo 02, 2020 a las 03:23:52p. m. +0200, Paul Förster escribió:

> /usr/local/sisis-pap/pgsql  <= software with bin, lib64, share, etc...
> /data/postgresql11/data     <= PGDATA

Exactly, his is the setup above.

I will move /usr/local/sisis-pap/pgsql by tar; and I want to move some parts(!)
of the cluster /data/postgresql11/data (configuration etc.), but not the databases
included in /data/postgresql11/data, like the cluster(!) in PGDATA was before having
created any database(!) in it.

As I said from the beginning: moving the cluster but without the
databases in it.

Thanks

    matthias
--