Re: Allow CLUSTER, VACUUM FULL and REINDEX to change tablespace onthe fly - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Justin Pryzby
Subject Re: Allow CLUSTER, VACUUM FULL and REINDEX to change tablespace onthe fly
Date
Re: Allow CLUSTER, VACUUM FULL and REINDEX to change tablespace onthe fly  (Justin Pryzby <pryzby@telsasoft.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Apr 07, 2020 at 03:44:06PM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> > I mean to literally use vac_analyze_option_list for reindex and cluster as
> > well. Please, check attached 0007. Now, vacuum, reindex and cluster filter
> > options list and reject everything that is not supported, so it seems
> > completely fine to just reuse vac_analyze_option_list, doesn't it?
>
> It's fine with me :)
>
> Possibly we could rename vac_analyze_option_list as generic_option_list.
>
> I'm resending the patchset like that, and fixed cluster/index to handle not
> just "VERBOSE" but "verbose OFF", rather than just ignoring the argument.
>
> That's the last known issue with the patch.  I doubt anyone will elect to pick
> it up in the next 8 hours, but I think it's in very good shape for v14 :)

I tweaked some comments and docs and plan to mark this RfC.

--
Justin

Attachment