Re: Add PostgreSQL home page to --help output - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Add PostgreSQL home page to --help output
Date
List pgsql-hackers
bOn Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 09:10:25PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On 2020-Mar-16, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>
> > On Mon, Mar 16, 2020 at 05:55:26PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > >     Report bugs mailto:pgsql-bugs@lists.postgresql.org
> > >     PostgreSQL home page https://www.postgresql.org/
> > >
> > > I kind of prefer the last one since the can both be pasted directly into
> > > a browser.
> >
> > Actually, I prefer:
> >
> >     Report bugs  mailto:pgsql-bugs@lists.postgresql.org
> >     PostgreSQL website  https://www.postgresql.org/
>
> Hmm, pasting mailto into the browser address bar doesn't work for me ...
> it just goes to the lists.postgresql.org website (Brave) or sits there
> doing nothing (Firefox).  I was excited there for a minute.
>
> If we're talking personal preference, I like the current output.

Well, in Firefox it knows to use Thunderbird to send email because under
Firefox's Preferences/General/Applications, 'mailto' is set to "Use
Thunderbird", though it can be set to other applications.  If no one
likes my changes, I guess we will just stick with what we have.