Re: pgsql: Update copyrights for 2020 - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: pgsql: Update copyrights for 2020
Date
List pgsql-committers
On Mon, Jan  6, 2020 at 07:15:23PM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> On 2020-Jan-07, Thomas Munro wrote:

> > > I'm not clear I understand why these two files changed.  Did you have to
> > > regenerate them?
> >
> > It looks like Bruce's shell script to advance the hands of time added
> > a newline to these binary files.  It didn't seem to break anything,
> > though.
>
> Well, the script does nothing more than run "sed" on the file.  It's
> weird that it found matches in those files.  Another observation is that
> the script has skip logic for certain binary files; it should skip these
> files too, surely.
>
> (I re-ran the script in the commit prior to Bruce's to verify, and
> indeed it reproduces the changes to those files.  Weird.)

I have reverted changes to these *.key files, and updated the copyright
script to avoid *.key files in the future.  These files were added in
2019 so this is the first time the copyright file has seen them:

    commit 4dc6355210
    Author: Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net>
    Date:   Sat Nov 30 15:27:13 2019 -0500

        libq support for sslpassword connection param,  DER format keys

Thanks for catching this problem.