Re: pgsql: Update copyrights for 2020 - Mailing list pgsql-committers

From Alvaro Herrera
Subject Re: pgsql: Update copyrights for 2020
Date
List pgsql-committers
On 2020-Jan-07, Thomas Munro wrote:

> On Fri, Jan 3, 2020 at 7:41 AM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> > On 2020-Jan-01, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > > Update copyrights for 2020
> > > src/test/ssl/ssl/client-der.key                       | Bin 1191 -> 1192 bytes
> > > src/test/ssl/ssl/client-encrypted-der.key             | Bin 1191 -> 1192 bytes
> >
> > I'm not clear I understand why these two files changed.  Did you have to
> > regenerate them?
>
> It looks like Bruce's shell script to advance the hands of time added
> a newline to these binary files.  It didn't seem to break anything,
> though.

Well, the script does nothing more than run "sed" on the file.  It's
weird that it found matches in those files.  Another observation is that
the script has skip logic for certain binary files; it should skip these
files too, surely.

(I re-ran the script in the commit prior to Bruce's to verify, and
indeed it reproduces the changes to those files.  Weird.)