Re: 64 bit transaction id - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: 64 bit transaction id
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Mon, Nov 04, 2019 at 04:39:44PM +0300, Павел Ерёмин wrote:
>   And yet, if I try to implement a similar mechanism, if successful, will my
>   revision be considered?

Why wouldn't it be considered? If you submit a patch that demonstrably
improves the behavior (in this case reduces per-tuple overhead without
causing significant issues elsewhere), we'd be crazy not to consider it.

The bar is pretty high, though, because this touches one of the core
pieces of the database.

regards