Re: How do I add/edit 'digit' property into PGAdmin4 ? - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Anthony E. Greene
Subject Re: How do I add/edit 'digit' property into PGAdmin4 ?
Date
Re: How do I add/edit 'digit' property into PGAdmin4 ?  (Karen Goh <karenworld@yahoo.com>)
List pgsql-admin
On 19-Jul-2019/11:46 +0000, Karen Goh <karenworld@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hi Shreeyansh,
>
>Due to many mails in my inbox, I got to see your email only now.
>
>I'd like to seek your help in terms of how to edit the data in this column that I want to change to numeric.
>
>At one go?
>
>So, in this column that I used the wrong property type - and now it contains CountryName + the 6 digit numbers.
>
>Is there any way I can alter the data in that column at one go and remove the CountryName altogether?

If the postal code is the last six characters, then this will do what you
want:

UPDATE mytable SET mycolumn=RIGHT(mycolumn,6) WHERE mycolumn ~ '[0-9]{6}$'

TG
--
Anthony E. Greene <mailto:agreene@pobox.com>