Re: Intermittent pg_ctl failures on Windows - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Intermittent pg_ctl failures on Windows
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 17, 2019 at 09:54:16PM +0700, r.zharkov@postgrespro.ru wrote:
> You are right. I tested branch REL_11_STABLE and it is my mistake.
>
> [...]
>
> The probability is very small. In one of our tests pg_ctl fails with that
> error sometime.
> In a test with multiple frequent restarts the probability is 5-6%. On other
> machines probability differs.
> To find out the real error code we used the Process Monitor utility.

I would like to be sure of something here.  Are those failures based
on what you have tested on REL_11_STABLE or do you still see pg_ctl
complain about such things on HEAD (post f02259fe as mentioned by Tom
upthread)?  I would like to think that you mean the former and the
latter, but this thread mentions only the former.
--
Michael

Attachment