Re: Brazil disables DST - 2019b update - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: Brazil disables DST - 2019b update
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 02:52:53PM +1000, Robins Tharakan wrote:
>On Fri, 12 Jul 2019 at 14:04, Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz> wrote:
>
>> On Fri, Jul 12, 2019 at 01:42:59PM +1000, Robins Tharakan wrote:
>> So 2019b has been released on the 1st of July.  Usually tzdata updates
>> happen just before a minor release, so this would get pulled in at the
>> beginning of August (https://www.postgresql.org/developer/roadmap/).
>> Tom, I guess that would be again the intention here?
>> --
>> Michael
>>

>An August release does give a little more comfort. (I was expecting that
>the August
>date would get pushed out since 11.4 was an emergency release at the end of
>June).

I think the plan is still to do the August release. One of the fixes in
the out-of-cycle release actually introduced a new regression, but we've
decided no to do another one exactly because there's a next minor release
scheduled in ~three weeks anyway.

regards