Re: Active connections are terminated because of smallwal_sender_timeout - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Active connections are terminated because of smallwal_sender_timeout
Date
Re: Active connections are terminated because of small wal_sender_timeout  (AYahorau@ibagroup.eu)
List pgsql-general
On Fri, Jul 05, 2019 at 10:03:16AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> AYahorau@ibagroup.eu writes:
>> Do you have any thoughts regarding this issue?
>
> I do not think anybody thinks this is a bug.  Setting wal_sender_timeout
> too small is a configuration mistake.

Yeah.  I don't see any bug here.  Please note that it can be also a
problem to set up a too high value in some configuration setups.  The
lack of flexibility in this area is why wal_sender_timeout has been
switch to be user-settable in v12.  In short you can configure it in
the connection string to enforce a custom value per standby.
--
Michael

Attachment