Re: Change atoi to strtol in same place - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: Change atoi to strtol in same place
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Surafel,

On Mon, Jul 01, 2019 at 08:48:27PM +0300, Surafel Temesgen wrote:
>Hello,
>
>we use atoi for user argument processing in same place which return zero
>for both invalid input and input value zero. In most case its ok because we
>error out with appropriate error message for input zero but in same place
>where we accept zero as valued input it case a problem by preceding for
>invalid input as input value zero. The attached patch change those place to
>strtol which can handle invalid input
>
>regards
>
>Surafel

This seems to have bit-rotted (due to minor changes to pg_basebackup).
Can you fix that and post an updated version?

In general, I think it's a good idea to fix those places, but I wonder
if we need to change the error messages too.

regards