Re: pg_restore takes more time on creation of rules - Mailing list pgsql-performance

From Tomas Vondra
Subject Re: pg_restore takes more time on creation of rules
Date
List pgsql-performance
On Wed, May 22, 2019 at 06:44:29PM +0300, Mariel Cherkassky wrote:
>By rules I mean DB rules (simillar to triggers but different)

I very much doubt such high number of rules was expected during the
design (especially if it's on a single table), so perhaps there's an
O(N^2) piece of code somewhere. I suggest you do a bit of profiling, for
example using perf [1], which would show where the time is spent.

[1] https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Profiling_with_perf

And please stop top-posting, it makes it much harder to follow the
discussion.

regards