Re: Offline enabling/disabling of data checksums - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Offline enabling/disabling of data checksums
Date
Re: Offline enabling/disabling of data checksums
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Mar 13, 2019 at 10:44:03AM +0100, Fabien COELHO wrote:
> Yep. That is the issue I think is preventable by fsyncing updated data
> *then* writing & syncing the control file, and that should be done by
> pg_checksums.

Well, pg_rewind works similarly: control file gets updated and then
the whole data directory gets flushed.  In my opinion, the take here
is that we log something after the sync of the whole data folder is
done, so as in the event of a crash an operator can make sure that
everything has happened.
--
Michael

Attachment