Re: Patch to document base64 encoding - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Patch to document base64 encoding
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, Mar 05, 2019 at 07:55:22PM -0600, Karl O. Pinc wrote:
> Attached: doc_base64_v4.patch

Details about the "escape" mode are already available within the
description of function "encode".  Wouldn't we want to consolidate a
description for all the modes at the same place, including some words
for hex?  Your patch only includes the description of base64, which is
a good addition, still not consistent with the rest.  A paragraph
after all the functions listed is fine I think as the description is
long so it would bloat the table if included directly.
--
Michael

Attachment