From Justin Pryzby
Subject order of messages on www.p.o/list
Date
List pgsql-www
Hi,

I'm interested to follow PG development but -hackers is too noisy for me to
subscribe.  I tried following the list on www page few times per day.  However,
sometimes I refresh the page, and I see that new mails have arrived somewhere
in the middle (above the bottom mail), and I don't know which.  So I either
lose time rereading list of mails (and mails themselves) or otherwise I miss
mails which showed up somehere in the middle..

I'm refering to a page like this:
https://www.postgresql.org/list/pgsql-hackers/since/201902210000/

Is that list ordered by time accounting for timezone ?  For example if someone
in -11:00 sends a message at 14:00 UTC, does their message show up above somone
else in -04:00 who mails at 13:00 UTC ?  Because their "Date:" header says
03:00.

Or perhaps it's an issue of the RFC822 "Date:" header vs. the received date?
All the headers are just annotations, and so I suggest the page should be
ordered not by the "date:" header set by the remote MUA but by the date in the
most recent "Received:" header, added by the local MTA.  That avoids issue of
wrong time setting on remote side.

Thanks,
Justin