mailing list redirect for bug numbers? - Mailing list pgsql-www

From Andres Freund
Subject mailing list redirect for bug numbers?
Date
List pgsql-www
Hi,

How hard would it be to have a redirect similar to
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/<id>

that accepted bug numbers instead of message ids?  I don't know the
precise database schema of the archives, but I assume it could be done
with a prefix query that filters the sender to @postgresql.org, the list
to pgsql-bugs, and the prefix to "BUG #<bugno>" or such.  Or perhaps
there's a database table with bugs -> messageid mappings somewhere? Or
could be created using a query like the above?

It'd be neat to link to bugs from commit messages in a clearer format
(i.e. to the bug number, rather than it being one of potentially
multiple message ids), and it also makes manual lookup nicer.

Greetings,

Andres Freund