Re: Remove Deprecated Exclusive Backup Mode - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Stephen Frost
Subject Re: Remove Deprecated Exclusive Backup Mode
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Greetings,

> There must be hundreds or thousands of backup scripts written by
> individual users that still use exclusive mode floating around out
> there.  Forcing all of those to be updated or scrapped will annoy
> users to no benefit.

How about automated recovery scripts?

We've decided it's fine to break all of those which exist out there.

I'm concerned, seriously, that people don't have anywhere near the
concern about the recovery side of things as they do about the backup
side of things and that's really concerning.

Thanks!

Stephen

Attachment