Python vers, was 2.8 feature branch - Mailing list psycopg

From Brian M Hamlin
Subject Python vers, was 2.8 feature branch
Date
List psycopg

> Lets not have every single Python programmer out there hate us
> because we decided to import a database backend convention into a
> programming language.

sadly, I had another conversation recently with an engineering
architect in San Francisco..
Their company has implemented a lot of data pipeline in Python 2.7, and
continues to build and maintain it.. the younger engineers became enraged
at the choice and indulged in mild harassment recently, because of it ..

The sense of maintaining a working pipeline, and the cost of porting it
due to the fashions of the times, are not in sync with the emotional
appeals to build in Python 3.x. The company has no plans to remove the
working Python 2.7 pipeline.

side-note:
The Debian/Ubuntu 1804 OSGeo Linux setup is built with complete Python 2.7
libraries, and I believe it is the best Python 2.7 to date.  I
regularly have to
defend this against drive-by disparagement, yet this system works very well.

FYI

--
Brian M Hamlin
OSGeo California