Re: Postgres 11 release notes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Bruce Momjian
Subject Re: Postgres 11 release notes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Oct 10, 2018 at 12:55:33PM -0700, Andres Freund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2018-10-08 21:28:02 -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> > > I looked in doc/src/sgml/release-11.sgml
> > >
> > > And even on https://www.postgresql.org/docs/devel/static/release-11.html I
> > > don't see mention of 1f6d515a67
> >
> > I did not think there was sufficient interest in adding this item.  If
> > we add it we need to discuss adding all similar items.
>
> Several people argued for introducing it, you're the only one that was
> against it. Adrien, Amit Kapila, Peter Geoghegan, and I all said we
> think that kind of thing should be included.

Then you need to start a new thread and argue that we need to include
more optimizer items in the release notes.  My point was that I was
using the existing criteria, and if we want to change it, we have to do
it consistently, not just jam in one item.

Once we agree we can go back and see what we missed in PG 11.