Re: Code of Conduct plan - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Steve Litt
Subject Re: Code of Conduct plan
Date
List pgsql-general
On Fri, 14 Sep 2018 07:19:59 -0700
"Joshua D. Drake" <jd@commandprompt.com> wrote:

> I agree that within Postgresql.org we must have a professional code
> of conduct but the idea that an arbitrary committee appointed by an
> unelected board can decide the fate of a community member based on
> actions outside of the community is a bit authoritarian don't you
> think?
>
> JD

You know the member inspected by the committee is free to start an
alternative Postgres community, if things get that bad. A LUG I once
founded started getting too abusive in their email, so I started a
second LUG, where people like me could communicate without what we
considered overt extraneous bullshit.

If this committee truly becomes authoritative, as perceived by a
significant portion of membership, the organization will fork.

SteveT

Steve Litt
September 2018 featured book: Quit Joblessness: Start Your Own Business
http://www.troubleshooters.com/startbiz