From Stephen Frost
Subject (forw) [thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com: Re: Covering GiST indexes]
Date
List pgsql-www
Greetings,

Looks like there's an issue when it comes to handling attachements sent
via Apple Mail in the archives.  Sending to -www and CC'ing Magnus for
his thoughts (though it might be a bit before we hear from him).

I've seen this also with posts Cynthia has made (she's now using Gmail
instead), so if there's any need to re-test or do something different
client-side, we can help there.

Thanks!

Stephen

----- Forwarded message from Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> -----

Date: Mon, 30 Jul 2018 10:58:39 +1200
From: Thomas Munro <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com>
To: Andrey Borodin <x4mmm@yandex-team.ru>
Cc: Teodor Sigaev <teodor@sigaev.ru>, pgsql-hackers <pgsql-hackers@postgresql.org>
Subject: Re: Covering GiST indexes

On Sun, Jul 29, 2018 at 10:50 PM, Andrey Borodin <x4mmm@yandex-team.ru> wrote:
> Thanks! The problem appeared with commit 701fd0b [0] which dropped
> validation rules checked in failed test.  Here's the patch with fixed tests.

Thanks.  I received the attachment.

Just as an FYI, something about the way your mail client encoded it
prevented the mail archives from picking it up (according to someone
who knows much more about these things than me, it's buried in the
"multipart/mixed" part, so not visible to the mail archive if it
extracts only the "text/plain" part, or something like that).  That
didn't happen on any of your other patches.  I have no opinion of
whether that's a bug in the mail archive or an unhelpful mail client
or a non-ideal way to post patches, but you can see here that we don't
have the patch in the usual place:

https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/850AE105-F89A-42E4-AD40-FBC6EA5A5A00%40yandex-team.ru

That explains why cfbot didn't automatically test your new patch, so
it still show as broken here:
http://cfbot.cputube.org/andrey-borodin.html

--
Thomas Munro