Re: add verbosity to pg_basebackup for sync - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: add verbosity to pg_basebackup for sync
Date
Re: add verbosity to pg_basebackup for sync  (Jeff Janes <jeff.janes@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
On Fri, Jul 27, 2018 at 11:58:42AM -0400, Jeff Janes wrote:
> But it was really waiting for the syncs of the new -D dir to finish.  The
> attached patch adds a -v notice that it is starting to do the sync, with
> the wording taken from initdb's equivalent message.

This is a good idea.  Would we want that back-patched?  I am sure that
nobody is going to complain for an extra informational log.
--
Michael

Attachment