Re: How can we submit code patches that implement our (pending)patents? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Nico Williams
Subject Re: How can we submit code patches that implement our (pending)patents?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Even assuming you can't change the PG license, you could still:

 - require disclosure in contributions
 - require a wide grant in contributions
 - document all such grants separately from the copyright license

Putting the grants in the license is convenient, but it's not required
to include patent language in order to get the desired effect.  The
license is just a copyright license -- it could stay just that.

You could also require a CLA in the case where disclosure is made, or
even in all cases.  But a CLA for all cases would be a bit too
burdensome.

Nico