Re: adding tab completions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Arthur Zakirov
Subject Re: adding tab completions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hello,

On Mon, May 28, 2018 at 07:06:23PM -0500, Justin Pryzby wrote:
> Find attached tab completion for the following:

The patch works well. I have a couple notes.

The patch replaces the variable Query_for_list_of_tmf by
Query_for_list_of_tpmf. So I think Query_for_list_of_tmf isn't needed
anymore and can be removed.

I created partitioned table "measurement" and tried tab completion.

VACUUM (ANALYZE) measurement (<tab>

gives me only a comma. If I try to input table column:

VACUUM (ANALYZE) measurement (city_id<tab>

replaces "city_id" column by a comma: "VACUUM (ANALYZE) measurement (,".
The following with whitespace after column works well:

VACUUM (ANALYZE) measurement (city_id <tab>

and gives: "VACUUM (ANALYZE) measurement (city_id ,".

Also I think it could be good to list column names after parentheses,
but I'm not sure if it easy to implement.

--
Arthur Zakirov
Russian Postgres Company