Re: Time to put context diffs in the grave - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Michael Paquier
Subject Re: Time to put context diffs in the grave
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Tue, May 22, 2018 at 06:59:56PM +0900, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI wrote:
> filterdiff has a bug that we can lose a part of hunks with it,
> and I actually have stepped on it. I saw Álvaro made a complaint
> about the bug but it doesn't seem to have been fixed. It is the
> most major reason I'm posting patches in unified format
> hesitently (really I am!). The second reason is git format-patch
> doesn't give me diffs in context format.

Yeah, I have been bitten by that one too, as well as others:
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/CAJghg4J6Anwob_c-g8B6CX6bzh81L9qNnB0f44r-x59fhMugEg@mail.gmail.com
https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20170913.174239.25978735.horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp
--
Michael