Re: Time to put context diffs in the grave - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Kyotaro HORIGUCHI
Subject Re: Time to put context diffs in the grave
Date
List pgsql-hackers
At Mon, 21 May 2018 21:51:11 -0400, Andrew Dunstan <andrew.dunstan@2ndquadrant.com> wrote in
<247f4d65-31f3-d426-2b24-fc434fa67286@2ndQuadrant.com>

> We haven't insisted on context diffs in years now, and one of my
> interlocutors has just turned handsprings trying to follow the advice
> at <https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Working_with_Git> to produce his
> first patch.
>

> Unless someone objects really violently I'm going to rip all that
> stuff out and let sanity prevail.

+1.

filterdiff has a bug that we can lose a part of hunks with it,
and I actually have stepped on it. I saw Álvaro made a complaint
about the bug but it doesn't seem to have been fixed. It is the
most major reason I'm posting patches in unified format
hesitently (really I am!). The second reason is git format-patch
doesn't give me diffs in context format.

regards.

--
Kyotaro Horiguchi
NTT Open Source Software Center